Our General Business practice represents clients including sole proprietorships, and privately and publicly owned entities. Clients include businesses engaged in all aspects of starting, operating and liquidating businesses. We not only provide advice and prepare documents, but also make a point to understand the direction in which the client wants to take its business in the future so that we can provide business and legal recommendations to assist the client in achieving its growth and development goals.
- Planning and structuring de novo and existing businesses based on legal, tax and practical business issues.
- Advising with respect to, and documenting franchise licensing requirements and Federal Trade Commission documents.
- Preparation of Certificates of Formation, Bylaws/Regulations, corporate minutes and consents, Partnership Agreements, LLC Operating Agreements, Joint Venture and Alliance Agreements, and Buy-Sell and Voting Agreements.
- Pursuit and resolution of majority/minority ownership claims, issues and disputes.
- Preparation of contracts including Sales Representative Agreements, Supply, Manufacturing, Distribution, and Requirements Agreements.
- Structuring and drafting monetary and equity employee compensation plans.
- Advising with respect to, and documenting, financing and capitalization transactions.
- Identification of tax issues and advice.
- Structure and negotiation of Employment, Consulting, Non-Competition, and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Providing intellectual property advice including procuring Federal and State trademarks.
- Drafting company Employee Manuals and advising clients with respect thereto.