Our Intellectual Property section handles all types of intellectual property litigation, including that related to patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. We also handle federal and state trademark prosecution, copyright registration, patent portfolio management, and intellectual property due diligence.
- Patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret litigation.
- Pre-litigation analysis of intellectual property infringement and validity.
- Sending and responding to cease and desist letters.
- Intellectual property policy formation and evaluation.
- Formulating procedures for protecting trade secrets.
- Intellectual property due diligence for mergers & acquisitions.
- Intellectual property licensing.
- Intellectual property portfolio management.
- Representation of multiple hard disk drive manufacturers and razor blade manufacturer in patent infringement disputes involving artificial diamond coatings.
- Representation of clients in patent infringement disputes involving drilling equipment, offshore drilling rigs, fracturing fluid, drill bits, and pipelines.
- Obtained decision from Federal Circuit Court of Appeals directing the District Court to enter summary judgment of patent infringement in favor of industrial equipment manufacturer.
- Copyright litigation regarding designs for offshore drilling rigs, industrial videos, and public sculptures.
- International arbitration related to dispute regarding payments under patent and technology license.
- Trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
- Obtaining and maintaining state and federal trademarks for a wide variety of goods and services in oilfield, chemicals, manufacturing, healthcare, automotive, computer, entertainment, sports, clothing, restaurant, and other industries.
- Registration of copyrights for software, websites, books, music, motion pictures, and sculptures.
- Managing a patent and trademark portfolio with over two hundred properties for an oilfield products company.